Saturday, June 30, 2007

29th June: GS Update

0 -> 35 of 1000
3 of 45 Achievements
525 -> 545 of 1000
26 of 50 Achievements
75 -> 185 of 1000
18 of 50 Achievements
0 -> 150 of 1000
6 of 37 Achievements
105 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements
0 -> 20 of 1000
1 of 22 Achievements
Plethora of games today.

Managed to rent Flatout today. I'm a bit disappointed, as it's basically the same as Flatout 2 on the PC. Almost identical. I got bored of the PC version fairly quickly, and I'm basically bored with Flatout already. I've a few of the easy achievements - participate in a cup, 5 slams etc. But most of the rest of the achievements seem difficult - Complete Carnage Mode with all gold; Complete FlatOut Mode with all gold in all cups and events; Win Derby class in Flatout Mode (all cups gold) with an unupgraded Chili. There are a few online ones, but I cant really be bothered with it. It's no Forza - it's not even Destruction Derby on the PSX. Now that is a classic.

Pulled out NBA 2k7 from the shelf to get an easy achievement - 81 points in one game with Bryant. There are quite a few achievements I have left that involve shot blocking, yet I've played around 30 games, and got about 2 blocks total. Odd.

Got out Just Cause - a game I played for around 8hrs when it came out but put it on the shelf for newer games. It's got all the fun elements of GTA/Saints Row with a 'Columbia Drug Ring' bonus added in. Downside is that the world is too big and doesnt really have an easy transport system. But nevertheless, I got the 1000 metre base jump achievement (1109m), and a few general achievements (20 side missions, collection mission, kill 500). What is getting me at the minute is that it wont let me take over any green districts - but will let me get the yellows. Slightly odd.

Eragon has sat on my shelf for two months, and everywhere says it is an easy game, so I got it out of its shrink wrap. Its basically the same style as Pirates of the Caribbean/Shrek III - hack and slash. It gives you a bow and magic, which is a nice touch, but there is less to collect (one secret egg per level). Achievements are for completing levels on Normal and Hard, but unfortunately they are not retroactive (i.e. completing a level on Hard does not unlock the Normal difficulty achievement). So I played the first three levels on Normal and Hard for those achievements. The first level involves no real fighting, so for 5 mins work, 50GS. The rest is getting harder, but not that much. I could only be bothered to play it for an hour.

Played some more Carcassonne as well, now in the top 15 in the world with ~60 single player wins. Did some legit against the AI too in order to help with the 5000+ score achievement - in two successive games I won 167-67, 167-100. =D I did the achievement list for a360p.com, so I'll post it here too.

Also rented C&C3 today. Took it straight back for Flatout later this evening. I dont like RTS from the off, and while C&C is a good franchise, and this game has great graphics, it doesnt work well on the 360. Controls are not precise, and you cant really select the units you want. Main reason I dont like RTS is that I seem to have bad 'Computer Luck' (i.e. one time in Texas Hold 'em me and a mate just went all in for 50 hands, I won 2 of them). As a result in a 10 unit vs 10 unit battle, I always lose :( Even if the units are the same.

Also passed 35k today =D

GS: 34,798 -> 35,128

Completed XBLA: 7 / 21
Completed Retail: 17 / 74
GS Completion %: 40.92%
GS % (Non-Demo): 44.35%

Country Rank: 506/202641
World Rank: 2988/1502472

No comments: