Tuesday, June 12, 2007

11th June: GS Update

EA blows. Make a f*cking good football game, would ya?

0 -> 50 of 1000
8 of 44 Achievements
0 -> 50 of 1000
4 of 43 Achievements
0 of 1000
0 of 11 Achievements
250 of 1000
7 of 29 Achievements
200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
60 -> 70 of 1000
7 of 50 Achievements
Forza 2 is a great driving game. It's joined TDU as one of my all time favourite car racing games. So far I'm in Career mode, and the ability to get another driver to drive your car for you is a great idea =D I'm only playing it on the easy settings, but to be able to get most of the achievements this way is great, as I generally suck at racing games! I've done about 80% of my races legit, with the others being when I'm going to the bathroom etc. I've done a couple of personal designs, but nothing major to shout about. Well I rented it at 5:30pm, and its 2am now and I'm still playing it - it's that good!

I rented Spiderman 3 again. I thought I'd spoken about it before, but I cant find it in my blog. Well all in all it is a poor game. Too much 'roaming' for missions, not enough linear action. All there is to do outside the main game is little bouts, and nothing on the scale of GTA or Saint's Row. The achievements are somewhat annoying for doing silly things like stopping bank raids or collecting items and so forth. They could have made this game great, like the original Spiderman on the PSX, but they didnt - and I'm giving it a thumbs down.

Fifa 07 is another shoddy release by EA. Why oh why can they not take a leaf out of PES and design something half decent. Fifa 07 is just as shite as UEFA CL. Also, their latest update does not allow you to sim the manager mode for the manager achievement. The controls are sloppy, and even on easy, you get tackled every 10 seconds by six players that come out of nowhere. Any straight line run gets cut down, and any shot on goal held for more than a blink of an eye goes wide. Yet the CPU scores almost every shot.
There is no training mode, like UEFA CL. So if you can't get into the controls, you dont have a flying fig newtons' chance of going anywhere.
EA, stop producing this mass shit, and get some real programming done. Do some f*cking market research and stop relying on the licences to sell games. PES6 blows you out of the water. FACT.

Lego Star Wars II is still a game I'm plugging at. I've just bought the x2 score multiplier while going after some gold bricks, so I'll get the Ben Kenobi ghost soon for some non-death achievements. Still a way to go though, only 43% complete so far.

I ran Uno so it would show up on my http://my360stats.com page. If you haven't got one, it's a great site to monitor your stuff.

Shadowrun was fun when I rented it, but online can be a nightmare if you're on a crappy team who don't know what they're doing. All in all it is an ok game, but without the global stats like on BF:MC I'm sure it'll die quickly and out of view. Dont get me wrong, it's fun for a few hours. But I ended up starting each round getting the same sort of things - resurrect, wired reflexes, then a third optional skill. The gusty ability does seem a bit pants to me. If I get the game, I'll probably get it on PC as I'm better with the mouse and keyboard for this sort of game.

Overall, GS: 32865 -> 32945

Completed XBLA: 7 / 20
Completed Retail: 17 / 67
GS Completion %: 42.03%
GS % (Non-Demo): 45.92%

Country Rank: 598/149865
World Rank: 3361/1152672

No comments: