Wednesday, June 20, 2007

19th June: GS Update

It's been a very DiRTy couple of days. What a game.
0 -> 315 of 1000
17 of 49 Achievements
75 -> 100 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
186 -> 271 of 1000
20 of 44 Achievements
80 of 1250
7 of 57 Achievements

DiRT is the rally version of Forza, albeit with less options. It drives and handles like Forza, but gives that rally element of crashing into trees while only doing an average of 60mph. I like it also because on Rookie difficulty it's fairly easy to win =D Though I've done most of exhibition apart from the big 6 rally tournament, 20% of Career, and a few online games. Online is fun and just what I sort of imagined it to be - up to 100 people in a lobby, vote for a track, everyone does a time trial at the same time on it. Quickest time wins. That's all well and good, but I never came near the top in a 20 man lobby, so goodness knows how I'm going to get that achievement. Though apart from the online ones, the offline ones seem kinda easy.

I picked up some Boom Boom Rocket today, and finished off three songs to get all the firework types. I also found out that along with the ABXY buttons you can also use the D-Pad. *d'oh!* Though it really helped with the final song on hard. The last 3 achieves will need some work on though!

Still doing some Forza 2 even though DiRT is here. Got to level 40, so I was able to get some gold cups and the level 40 achievement. Also managed to buy/sell 10 cars in the auction house for that achievement. I also got out my best car, headed to the easiest Nissan Raceway track on Career, stuck all the difficulty settings as high as they would go, and win to get the Natural and Hardcore achievements. Using the Nissan Raceway meant that I only had to change gears to go up, and using the best car meant that even on the highest difficulty, I still had a 50kph+ advantage.

Yes, I still suck at GoW. No matter how many Annex games I play. Though I'm probably up to 50 global kills now, probably a 0.1 kpd ratio and 5 hours played online. I might aim for a boosting group this weekend if we can get enough people together.

GS: 33191 -> 33616

Completed XBLA: 7 / 20
Completed Retail: 17 / 68
GS Completion %: 42.21%
GS % (Non-Demo): 46.05%

Country Rank: 587/151831
World Rank: 3298/1170328

No comments: