Wednesday, June 27, 2007

26th June: GS Update

Apologies for the lack of updates, I've been distracted by several things this week:

Lord Of The Rings Online (PC): Started a 7 day trial. I'm a level 12 Man Champion, but its going well so far. I'd be further, but the hobbits in the shire are damn annoying! The game could be better if you could zoom out with the minimap, or quests were more pinpointed on the map.

Quake Wars: Enemy Territory Beta(PC): The highly anticipated FPS for PCs now has a limited public beta (60,000 keys only), of which I got a key. Notched up about 8.5hrs, 2000XP. Its a good fast paced Quake game with Enemy Territory style objectives. I love the team and class aspects. What annoys me is the hit detection -_- and how no matter what team I'm on I get 2 hit killed with pistols -_-.

Floods: Not a game, but that I was in a badly hit area this week due to rain. It covered my front garden, and was 2 inches from my front door. Some people down the street had to bail water out of their houses, and for the first time in 48hrs I was able to get down the shops this evening.

Work: Yeah, I have a job this summer now =D I'm making a website for a client, and its going well, but I'm have to spend a lot of time this summer in order to get it finished.

Now, onto the 360 gaming fun =D

410 -> 685 of 1000
12 of 16 Achievements
0 -> 100 of 1000
8 of 50 Achievements
250 -> 270 of 1000
8 of 29 Achievements
0 -> 60 of 1000
3 of 19 Achievements

Finished up Nightcrawlers' missions on X-Men III, getting full genes and pickups. Some of those Superhero difficulty missions are very difficult! I'm dreading doing the flying missions though, they seem to be very annoying.

WSC2007 is a really good snooker game! It beats Yahoo pool every time =D Its very good for learning the game too. Downsides are that if you let the CPU even have one shot, chances are they'll clear the table.

I finally got Ben Kenobi's ghost on Lego Star Wars II, so it should make the rest of the achievements easier. Though I'm 20 hours in now, making this a long 1000 GS to get.

Fantastic Four is a wierd game. You run round with the four members, using them at various times to do various deeds. The achievements and gameplay are somewhat similar to X-Men, but I dont find the game entertaining to play it for long periods of time.

This week Blockbuster got Shrek III, Vampire Rain and Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. I'll try and rent them this week if they're still available. I'm looking forward to Flatout, having played previous members of the series.

GS: 33616 -> 34071

Completed XBLA: 7 / 20
Completed Retail: 17 / 70
GS Completion %: 41.58%
GS % (Non-Demo): 45.26%

Country Rank: 580/179813
World Rank: 3335/1350840

No comments: