Sunday, May 27, 2007

27th May: GS Update (2)

I've now done Bomberman: Act Zero single player =D The trick is to stay alive until level 20, where I got about 15 lives in that level alone. Then keep plugging away, and every 15-20 or so levels you can get another 15 lives. Most of the levels I went through, I had block pass, bomb pass, blast through wall bombs, infinite bombs, line bombs. Get an enemy in a corner by doing a line bomb up and across from the middle of the level, and it gets them every time. I was able to do the 100 levels in 100 minutes, thus got those achievements as well. What annoyed me however, was that after 100 floors, I still did not have the second bomb placement achievement - 10000 bombs set. Note, that one achievement to this game is 1,000,000 bombs placed, and 1,000,000 blocks destroyed. There's a reason why no-one has these achievements =P.

I started Lego Star Wars II this week. Its a fun game, dont get me wrong. But it does get boring after the first two stages. Its just the same thing over and over - run through the level trying to pick up studs (cash) and kill everything you come across. Achievements for this game involve completing each chapter, doing each level without dying, getting all the special pickups and buying everything from the shop. According to online forums, this is about 20 hours work if you're good, but I'm bored after an hour. Bleh.

I rented out Superman Returns this week. I'd played the demo, and thought it was alright for a Superman game. It's what you'd expect - fly around really fast beating the snot out of everything. In the full game, this is fun for about two hours. Then you realise that all you're doing is boring missions until you've enough experience to go up a level, then something story related happens. Each mini mission can take 5 minutes at most, and you have about 7-15 to do to get up a level. Boooorrrriing!!! Also some of the acheivements are annoying - complete all minigames, save 100 kittens, fly for 10,000 miles. According to online forums, a decent play through the main story line nets you 2000 miles, and the only way to get the rest was to use an elastic band on the controller overnight. Bleh!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End is another rental. I played the demo, thought it was OK. Saw that Blockbuster had this in stock, so picked up a copy. It's a good, linear game. Easy enough to do the stages, but the achievements require some proper searching around the levels or planning in order to get. Thankfully there are now guides popping up over achievement forums =D I didnt have enough time to play this thoroughly though, so I'll rent it out again at some point.

NBA Street Homecourt - rental. I'd seen a few people from my friends list who were in the US play this, so I thought I'd pick it up. Quite honestly, it's the best NBA game on the market for gameplay. The weird querks, like stylish dunks and so forth, make this game fun. Being able to go up for a dunk after launching off someones back and ending up with a triple dunk after perfectly holding down the button for a given time gives a sense of achievement =D Speaking of achievements, 10 hours netted me the lot. Go through career mode with one player, then half way through with another. In total, about 120 games of basketball. Length of each game depends on your squad and skills and what sort of game it is (dunks only to 7, any shot to 11, gamebreaker to 3, first team to lead by 5 points, etc.). Then find a buddy for the win 10 online in a row. NBA Street Homecourt is a great game if you love basketball. And acheivements.

Helped a friend so a lot of achievements co-op style on Crackdown, and let him see what the extra DLC was like. Got the repo 100 cars in the process. Also found a few orbs, so now I have 450 agility without using a guide =D Also working through the time trial psychotic achievements - done Los Muertos and Volk, now Shai-gen left. The Volk boss took me 15 minutes, so I'm dreading the Shai-gen boss. Co-op anyone?





Initialised these games after playing around with http://my360stats.com - nothing I tried to do worked :S Though I did the online achievements for 3D Ultra Minigolf to get 200/200 on it.

Another rental - Brian Lara's ICC 2007. What a bitch of a game. It's a gret cricket game as cricket games go, but the achievements are wild. 6 4's in an over, 6 6's in an over, 200 runs with one person, 200 runs in a one day international etc. You can't do them in two player. The game gives you cheats to help you play the game, but you cant get achievements with them enabled. I was getting frustrated at the fact that according to all the ingame monitors, I'd timed the stroke right, I was the right distance away, I'd stuck the ball into the emptiest part of the field I could find, and yet it'd just go high and I'll get caught out. Gah.

EA, you are stupid pieces of shite. UEFA Champions League (rental) is a shit game. No tutorial mode to let you get used to the game, and this combined with the fact that the controls to this game are 75% different to every other single football game on the market leaves a lot to be desired. It's a load of shit, and EA needs a big kick up the arse. Stop releasing games early. Stop releasing games with bugs and glitches. Listen to your fanbase, get your head out of your arse. You ARE capable of releasing bug free games (The Sims), and some of them good (Madden). So why do you insist on releasing this horseshit?

/rant over.

So a nice enough week in all.

GS: 26660 -> 29560

ICC Cricket 2007: 0 -> 155
NBA STREET Homecourt: 0 -> 1000
At World’s End: 0 -> 125
Superman Returns: 0 -> 360
LEGO Star Wars II: 0 -> 70
BOMBERMAN Act:Zero: 15 -> 250
Football Manager 2006: 85 -> 320
Full Auto: 235 -> 335
American Wasteland: 0 -> 570
Crackdown: 740 -> 750

Completed XBLA: 7 / 19
Completed Retail: 17 / 55
GS Completion %: 44.82%
GS % (Non-Demo): 49.64%

Country Rank: 798/135815
World Rank: 4450/1137473

No comments: