Monday, May 14, 2007

14th May: GS Update... and Xbox returned!

Well it finally arrived today, about 10:30. Didn't come in the packaging I sent it in, but it did come properly packaged back, nice and safe. The report I got back was what I suspected, a DVD drive problem. Though they were kind enough to send me a free month of XBL Gold with it though. <3! MS did definitely get one thing right!

On the otherhand, I was able to start playing the stock pile of games I've amassed! I got straight on XBLA for some Boom Boom Rocket, then Catan, 3D Ultra Golf, Doom, Totemball (I got the XBox Vision Camera last week), Robotron: 2084 (came free with the camera). Also opened out of shrink wrap for EA Fight Night 3, and TMNT.

I loved the two games of Catan I played today =D The only gripe would be if the turns would be quicker. 3D Ultra Golf was great - got a bit annoyed with the power stoke thing... seemed a little too variable. Doom is classic Doom =D Totemball was interesting! Was able to just sit back in my chair, and my shoulders ended up in the middle of the screen, thus resting my arms. Robotron was truly retro, but not worth the 1200 MS points on XBLA though.

I got all but one achievement on EA FN3 in just over 3 hours. For some reason, the final achievement seemed a little off - for the fight, I lost 90% of my health with a little jab, thus lost in about 30 seconds. I dont know how many fights I have to go through to get a shot at that achievement again though.

TMNT was quite fun - your average linear platformer, with specific fighting areas, and lots of wall to wall jumping. I think I'm going to like playing that one.

Overall, my GS changed thusly:

21550 -> 22794

Robotron:
0 -> 50

Totemball:
0 -> 10

3D Ultra Minigolf:
0 -> 30

Catan:
0 -> 40

Boom Boom Rocket:
40 -> 75

Doom:
0 -> 30

EA Fight Night 3:
0 -> 900

TMNT:
0 -> 139

No comments: