Saturday, May 19, 2007

18th May: GS Update

Well apart from the Halo 3 Beta, I've been playing some regular games.

Played the Double Dragon demo. Its almost like what I remember from when I played on the Atari, except better graphics, and also the characters don't grapple as often with the enemies. Makes it a lot harder imo. I dont think I'll be buying this off XBLA soon though.

Loaded up 3D Ultra Minigolf to play some online for those achievements. No-one was on!


Robotron is still too hard!



Catan again. Got the one for finishing 10 times with the longest road. By playing on easy against AI, this one was easy as the AI will commonly swap 2 resources for one. I'll get the one for largest army 10 times soon.

Boom Boom Rocket. Still after getting all the firework types. Need about another 4, then I'll probably work on getting those A ranks.


Just some general messing on Crackdown. Did Los Muertos time trial on psychotic. Tried Volk, got a bit difficult =P Also captured some regular vehicles. And H3Beta of course.

Played some online games - got the top player in a map achievement, the 20 ammo achievement, and some single player ones. I was having fun, until some bastard kept running around in a tank! Well averaged 30 points each game, so 40000 only requires 1333 games -_-.

Pulled out BM:Z. Yes, it is a very crap game. No-one online, and only one single player mode. WTF? Took me 5/6 short games to get 1000 bombs, one of the easiest achievements to get, as well as the stage 10 achievement (Total GS: 15). This is bad play from Hudson/Konami. This is an XBLA game only, not worth the $50/25GBP it is currently retailing for. *spit*

Pro Evo was fun. Did the three easiest acheivements for 120 GS, then carried on with the English league I'm doing. Now I've got the hang of the controls, I was winning some games 14-0 in 5 minutes (on easy). As I'm not into football games for the challenge, the rest of the GS should be straight forward, and a bit time consuming.

I died within 5 seconds of starting my ultra-violent single player game, so tried some multiplayer. No-one online, so tried to get the 50 kills achievement locally. After 50 kills and no achievement, I looked online and realised that it does have to be XBL play. D'oh!

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires wasnt a game I was thinking would be fun. But it was. Before my Xbox went to the dry cleaners, I was 860 odd GS in, with only 10% left of the game to play. In all honesty, it's the better version of Ninety Nine Nights. Well I played this for a couple of hours, to get the full 1000GS. Another game complete =D

Cars is officially my first game rental. I am now the joyous boyfriend to a wonderful girl who works at Blockbusters... which equals free games rentals for me. Or well, each game I rent I can only rent 2 days out of every seven. I picked up Cars as I heard it was an easy GS, and I've never seen a decent price on it. And sure enough, in less than 6 hours I had all 1000GS. I actually think Cars is a great racing game. Some of the big names could learn from this. Yes the story is short, and the achievements could be a lot harder, but for a simple few hours gameplay, I really liked Cars. Thumbs up. Now to drop it off back at Blockbuster!

Day results - 2 retail games complete, and 4 new games tested.

My GS changed thusly: 24835 -> 26145

Catan: 90 -> 110
Call of Duty 3: 105 -> 150
Bomberman: Act Zero: 0 -> 15
Pro Evolution Soccer: 0 -> 120
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires: 890 -> 1000
Cars: 0 -> 1000

Completed XBLA: 6 / 19
Completed Retail: 16 / 43
GS Completion %: 49.00%
GS % (Non-Demo): 54.77%

Country Rank: 1089/137718
World Rank: 6211/1138611

No comments: