Saturday, May 19, 2007

19th May: GS Update

Had a friend come over today, and we ended up playing some games on the *box. We set him up a new account as he'd never played the 360 before: NickHarkonnen.

Started with a hard one! Two player co-op was fun though, with one controlling the bot, and the other with the guns. Still no more achievements for me though!


TMNT is a great multiplayer game. Did a level to bring back the retro goodness =D I've completed all 200 GS on this already.


Put in Crackdown for some H3Beta, and BF2:MC, both for multiplayer. But With Nick not having Live Gold, we couldn't play either :(. But I got BF2:MC out of the shrink wrap, and I'll come back to it soon. I've played BF2 on the PC as part of a clan for a while, and pwn at BF2142 (300 hours gameplay in 3 months), so I should enjoy that =D

MUA is a great game for multiplayer, even if the small amounts of problem solving do get annoying. Started to get the multiplayer achievements as well as go through the story. Nick got the 3 arcade wins in a row achievement, but I haven't yet. Grr =P

Also got out Tetris: Evolution from the shrinkwrap. Its pretty much vintage tetris, just longer to load and more modes. Looking at the achievements, they seem pretty difficult! Nick and I only got one each - the one with getting at least one line on level 15.

Couldn't play CoD3 online, so just some basic one on one war. Thought about getting the revive achievement, till I realised that it had to be online. Almost had it the other day, until an idiot walked in front of my shotgun.

Some Full Auto was fun. Even with 2 players, we had a field with 6 CPU cars. Getting the shotguns out and ripping some wing mirrors from some cars is always top quality entertainment!

I had always read that Earth DefenseForce 2017 was a retro game that not many people liked. I <3. onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}"


Virtua Tennis 3 is the other rental I got with Cars. Now, I'm a big fan of Virtua Tennis from the Dreamcast, but after playing the demo on XBL Marketplace, and losing horribly, I wasn't going to get it. So when I have the chance of free rentals, why not? Nick and I played a few games, and it was fun! I'm currently working my way through the Single Player mode, and its going very well (mind you, I'm on the easy stages =P). I'm going to have to rent this again, or buy it if it comes down in price. Got some GS today though.

Day results - Opened up a few new games, and played some co-op.

My GS changed thusly: 26145 -> 26285

MUA: 80 -> 120
Tetris Evolution: 0 -> 30
Virtua Tennis: 0 -> 60
Full Auto: 225 -> 235

Completed XBLA: 6 / 19
Completed Retail: 16 / 47
GS Completion %: 45.99%
GS % (Non-Demo): 50.99%

Country Rank: 1080/137712
World Rank: 6154/1139717

No comments: