Thursday, August 09, 2007

8th August: GS Update

Long time since an update. Well there is news! I have acquired a US 360 in my travels into the United States, and with this gives the benefits of playing the US only, region locked games, as well as importing those releases that take a while to get to Europe. Go me!

I bought 5 games while in the US - Cabela's African Safari, Cabela's Alaskan Safari, College Hoops 2006, NCAA Football 2007, Major League Baseball 2k6. There are around 15 on the US only region locked list, and I'm sure there will be more in the future.

So on with the sporadic gamage these past few weeks!

345 of 1000
23 of 50 Achievements
150 of 1000
7 of 26 Achievements
200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
30 of 200
2 of 12 Achievements
100 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
125 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements
25 of 200
3 of 12 Achievements
190 of 200
11 of 12 Achievements
125 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements

One of my new games, as mentioned, is NCAA Football 07. Finally I'll be able to get that last achievement for Madden 07 :) The NCAA version itself is not bad - it's a cut down version of Madden (i.e. without names) but includes all the college stadia, and the different college version of Franchise mode. A360P rates the achievements for this game a 7/10, but I think that's because one of the achievements is 'Sim 60 years of Dynasty Mode', which according to the FAQ, takes 8 hours. OUCH.

Call of Duty 3 is still a bad game with the joypad. Did some online multiplayer, nothing too stressful.

Sonic the Hedgehog is an all-time, classic, retro game. Get it now!!!! :D This is the original Master System game, which I remember taking me around 4 hours to complete when I was 5. So I was happy to get the 'complete in 40 minutes' achievement! The time trial achieves took some practice, and the 'complete without dying' achievement requires extensive use of the new save function <3. style="font-style: italic;">that bad. It's what you'd expect from BK. Sneak King is the only one that seems like it will take a while, though one of the Big Bumpin achievements didn't unlock when I should have got it. I'll play these at some later date with severe intention in getting these achieves.

Boom Boom Rocket is like crack - so fun to pick up and play :p

Golden Axe is another awesome retro game, although it's very short. Still need the complete online achieve, but the rest were fairly easy except the 'complete in one continue' achievement - it required constant saving, then reloading if I lost health. The final boss took 20 units of health, so be careful.

I played Carcassonne so long ago, I can't remember what happened the last time I played it!

GS: 37,634 -> 39,029

You may notice below that my country rank has dropped, and the amount of people in the UK has risen by 600,000. This is not true, just a side effect from playing a 360 in the US. It'll all be sorted out soon :)

Completed XBLA: 8 / 23
Completed Retail: 17 / 86
GS Completion %: 40.43%
GS % (Non-Demo): 43.90%

Country Rank: 1534/828821
World Rank: 2750/1502797

No comments: