Friday, August 31, 2007

30th August: GS Update

From my 360voice today:

When borandi was walking by I pretended to be off. I think it tricked him into turning me on for a few games. Gamer score stands at 44,493. That is a boost of 179 points over last time! He rocked out to Streets of Rage 2 adding an amazing 8 achievements, Blue Dragon, Saints Row, Puzzle Fighter HD finishing 5 achievements, and then the lightweight went to bed. Freakin' wuss.


LoL! And onto the games I played these past few days:

430 -> 470 of 1000
31 of 50 Achievements
0 -> 120 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
50 of 1000
4 of 43 Achievements
110 of 1000
10 of 43 Achievements
10 of 1000
2 of 43 Achievements
130 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements
0 of 1000
0 of 24 Achievements
I managed to get through and complete EASY on GH2, as well as get all 5 star. Very boring, but now onto HARD mode. I've got 3/48 tracks done there, so some grinding is needed :)

I picked up Puzzle Fighter HD from the marketplace on wednesday - the demo seemed ok and I had a friend to boost on the online achievements. Most of them are easy (due to unlimited continues) and if you pile up alternate sides of the screen each round. The '25 block' achievement gave me a headache (and a sore toe as I threw my controller to the floor in anger and missed) for a good half-hour, but I've only 3 achievements left - 'complete arcade without a continue' (could be hard) and '5x combo', '7x combo' (which are nearly impossible). It's a nice puzzle game for the 360, but there are better games on XBLA worth their 800 MSPs.

I received my winning copy of Spiderman 3 through the mail on wednesday too - and played it a little. I'm going to need a session and a guide to do these achievements (as well as a tranquiliser... probably), which I may attempt in the near future.

More Saints Row done (though no achievements) - its nice and easy-ish so far, but sometimes the damage factor gets raised 1000x for a couple of seconds, resulting in death by those 4 Los Carnales on my tail. Bastards.

I'm at a point in Blue Dragon where I have to protect a couple of carts from monsters. If I manage it without any damage to the carts, I get an achievement and 30GS. The only problem is, it's f**king hard to not get hit. Monsters appear in the same spots everytime, however, up to 3 appear at once, often far away from each other, and the monster circle attack (right trigger) doesn't always pick the bastards up as they spawn. I spent a good 30 mins on it last night, and got quite distraught.

I also got Streets of Rage 2 on the marketplace. A retro game from yesteryear, vastly improved by the save function! I got most of the achievements, including the 'complete without using a continue' and 'complete without a special attack' (do it on very easy settings :p). I'm just lacking the 10 wins online and the two achievements for HARD difficulty - which sound very, very hard.

Moto GP 06 is an annoying game. While my UK 360 is at the cleaners, I'm limited to driving games it seems, thus I took Moto out of it's shrink wrap and stuck it in. First corner, and I'm flying off the track. It seems that every corner requires a maximum of 4mph to go around it, and the controls vary from corner to corner - sometimes too responsive, other times like steering in treacle. It's a WTF situation, and it pissed me off. I can see why it didnt sell too many copies.

GS: 44,314 -> 44,574

Completed XBLA: 10 / 27
Completed Retail: 21 / 97
GS Completion %: 41.09%
GS % (Non-Demo): 44.29%

Country Rank: 1149/840261
World Rank: 1993/1524920

No comments: