Monday, August 20, 2007

20th August: GS Update

Long time since an update - I've been very lazy :P Several things have happened since the last update - the major one in this post will be the fact that I passed 40k GS :)

80 -> 590 of 1250
30 of 57 Achievements
0 -> 920 of 1000
29 of 31 Achievements
100 of 1000
1 of 10 Achievements
110 of 1000
10 of 43 Achievements
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
190 -> 200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
860 of 1000
23 of 29 Achievements
345 -> 790 of 1000
44 of 50 Achievements
0 -> 20 of 1000
4 of 29 Achievements
0 -> 1000 of 1000
5 of 5 Achievements
0 -> 1000 of 1000
5 of 5 Achievements
990 -> 1000 of 1000
46 of 46 Achievements
0 -> 350 of 1000
13 of 30 Achievements
Ok a slight change to my achievement listing... I'm not listing games I played just for 5 minutes or to get updates :p Again, this roots to the lazy thing.

Well as you may have read before, Gears of War is not one of my favourite games. Mainly because with First Person Shooters (FPS), I'm a big mouse/keyboard player, and the controller is harder to control. Well I did some achievement trading with a buddy on my friends list - rican ninja89. In return in getting the 50 consecutive title wins on WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, he took me through Gears of War on insane difficulty. I've never been through the game before, and it took about 8 hours to kill the final boss. The upside to this, is that I'm more confident in playing GoW, and I've played some online and I'm enjoying it. I'm still always last (=D) but I'm getting about 10 kills every 30 mins. Only downside is when it's a round full of squealers... :(

I've had GUN on my shelf from easter, and cowboy games aren't really my thing. But while only several of my games work in my US/NTSC 360, I've been willing to play anything. I had noticed that a few people in my buddy list had 1000GS, so it could be an easy game. Luckily, I checked online before playing. There is a nifty level select 'cheat' that can be used to get most of the achievements - even the 'Complete on X difficulty'. The only ones I have left are 'Get all Weapons' and 'Mine all Gold'. The weapons one is a bit annoying, as sometimes after a level select change, you lose all the weapons. The gold may also be hard, but there are guides online. If someone is doing these achieves using the level select, the delivery and hunting achievements are easy if you do the final one in the list first.

I tried doing a few stages for Ninety Nine Nights. It's sooo boring. It was fun for around 5 minutes when I got it....

Saints Row is a bit better - its the GTA before GTA4 gets released. Previously I had been focusing on doing the extra activities (and got bored), but this time I went in the main storyline, which is nifty as it's a three pronged attack with the different factions. At the minute, my character is a fat git with multiple piercings wearing a yellow santa suit. Go figure. I didn't get any new achievements playing it today, but I'm now 25%+ in the story.

I only played the Track and Field demo, but this is the sort of game I grew up on - button bashing olympic competitions. When I can get hold of some cheap MS Points, I'm getting this! So far my best 100m time is 9.07secs, but I remember years ago getting under 8s. For some reason, this game doesnt like me using B and X alternately to run, so I'm having to use the analog stick.

I also boosted with rican ninja89 on Golden Axe - we both needed the online co-op, and he got the 'complete undefeated' achievement too. Another game I can chalk up as complete!

NCAA 07 is just as fun as when I played Madden 07. I'm going to have to get Madden 08 when it's released here. Well on NCAA 07, I now have the game achievements (it took a while to get that blocked punt achieve), and now need the season achievements. That 60 years in franchise is going to be so annoying to do (online it suggests around 8 hours of constant simming...).

Rockstar Table Tennis is a game I saw before I left for the US that I wondered if it was any good. Having played it, it's a good game. But I'm really, really bad at it. The first two games were very easy, then the competition final was very hard. Luckily, some of the achievements are for merely winning X games, and I can boost for most of the offline ones.

College Hoops 2K6 was an easy 1000. Well 4 of the 5 achievements were very easy, the last one (6 blocks with one player) required me to take two controllers to do it. For some reason, blocking in basketball games has never been a strong point of mine. Another complete game :)

MLB 2k6 was also an easy game - with both of these 2k games, you can adjust sliders so the CPU cant really do anything. Awesome :). One achievement gave me some grief - the 'Rob a Home Run' achievement. After looking at some online suggestions, the one on the achieve360points.com forum worked.

Madden 07 is FINALLY complete! I can now join the list of 17 UK people to have completed this game with 1000GS. Though I'm still using my US 360, thus I'm still listed as US :p

Cabela's African Safari is fun - there's nothing like shooting deer with a nice *bang*.. in a simulation only of course! I'm about 2 stages in, and about 6 to go.

Thus: 3 retail games complete, 1 XBLA game complete!

GS: 39,029 -> 43,294

Completed XBLA: 9 / 23
Completed Retail: 20 / 92
GS Completion %: 41.98%
GS % (Non-Demo): 45.62%

Country Rank: 1178/834395
World Rank: 2059/1514704

No comments: