Monday, August 20, 2007

Good News Part 2: My Call to UK 360 Support

I dialed the 0800 number, was on hold with a quite ghastly tune for around 7 minutes, then connected to what I assumed was a call centre in India. The person on the other end was a soft spoken female, could barely be made out - but very helpful, and acknowledged that I'd sent my *box in before (first time was CD issues, this time it's the three red lights) and thus didnt need to explain anything new to me. I was able to get them to send it back to my home here at university, rather than to my parents then send it on. Then she said something about confirmation/compensation - I couldnt make out which, but I was being transferred to a different department. After a couple of minutes on hold there, I got someone more easily understandable, who offered me the following as compensation:

One of:
Viva Pinata
Kameo
PGR3
Perfect Dark Zero
Wireless Controller
Wireless Headset

I was very surprised - last time I sent my box back I got a free month of Live, and wasnt even expecting that! As I have all those games, I asked for some MS Points, which I was declined, so I picked up a 3rd wireless controller. RRP is around 33 quid (DVD.co.uk do it new for 18 ), so a good result in my book! Hopefully it'll get back and work longer than three months (unless they update the game list with something I want :eek: :)

No comments: