Sunday, August 26, 2007

360voice.com

I like to give a shoutout to a great site called http://360voice.com. I just found out about it recently.

What is 360voice.com?

360voice.com is a site where gamers can read or subscribe via RSS to a blog about what their friends are doing every day on Xbox live. It takes the information in the gamercard that only gives you a current snapshot and allows you to see a players gaming over time. This allows for conversations around specific daily achievements and events like gamer score increases and most played games. What we are doing right now scratches the surface of what is possible once you start caching all this gaming data.

I started up my 360voice account, and here is an excerpt:

borandi's Xbox - 8/25/2007

I was about to feel sorry for myself, until borandi showed up and made my day with a little gaming! Our gamerscore stands at 44,244 and counting! That is a boost of 365 points over last time! That was enough to cross the 44,000 mark! Good stuff! He made some progress on Catan acquiring an amazing 7 achievements, Mad Tracks, Chromehounds, LEGO Star Wars II gaining an amazing 9 achievements, Cabela's Safari adding an amazing 13 achievements, Track and Field picking up 1 achievement, X-Men:TheOfficialGame winning an amazing 16 achievements to finish the game, Bomberman LIVE finishing 3 achievements, and after we were done, borandi hugged me with his eyes. It was one of those platonic hugs... you know...

It seems pretty nifty, so I'll start quoting it at the beginning of my GS Updates.

I also found another site to go along with 360voice - it checks your 360voice profile and tells you how close you are to the 360voice site awards (i.e. 10 games complete, RPG fan, etc.): http://voice.blaggspot.com/genrebrowser.aspx

No comments: