Sunday, September 09, 2007

8th September: GS Update

From 360voice:
borandi is the best... he treats me right, I treat him right. It is a good thing we have going here. Gamer score stands at 45,574. Not too shabby! That is an improvement of 75 points over last time! He opened up Overlord acquiring 2 achievements, Gears of War, Rockstar Table Tennis winning 2 achievements, as well as checked out what was new in the live marketplace.
And the games:

920 of 1000
29 of 31 Achievements
10 -> 80 of 1000
4 of 45 Achievements
20 -> 355 of 1000
14 of 29 Achievements
590 -> 650 of 1250
32 of 57 Achievements
170 -> 240 of 1000
18 of 44 Achievements
200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements

I got out GUN out again for the sole purpose of getting the last two achievements - 'All gold' and 'All weapons'. In order to get the first involves finding 44 different points on the map - thankfully there's videos for that. The second requires the game to be completed 100% - all sidemissions included. When I last played GUN, I used the level select to get the first 920GS - only downside is that by changing the level, your weapons and such go missing. :( I might have to play through the game fully at least once to get the other GS.

DOA4 was one of the first games I bought for my 360, after having come second in a local tournament, despite not playing it before. Well, suffice to say, real people are easier than the crappy CPU controlled characters that counter every move you do. Bastards. I used an online guide to set up the time attack (single) achievements - gold, silver and bronze time. Downside is, if you get the gold first, you have to re-do it in the particular timeframe to get the other two achieves. Utterly stupid. This game also only lets you quit out at certain points - so if you're stuck in sequence, you'll have to wait until the end before you're allowed to press start. DOA4, you're going back on the shelf.

With Rockstar Table Tennis, I was able to boost for 280GS with rican ninja89 for the online exhibition achievements. I also started playing it a bit more, and now I'm confident with the game. I've beaten the first three circuits (some games were rather comfortable) and only have the all-pro circuit left. Though the CPU is starting to get quite hard!

With the GoW map pack now being free, I was able to download it and do a couple of offline Annex achievements with two controllers. Took around 60/90 minutes to get the 60GS, but now I'm 50%+ on GoW :)

I rented Overload again, and it's still a fun game :) I went through a little more of the story mode, and did some smelting achievements. I'm also back to 0% corruption, thanks to killing a couple of bosses.

I also played Track and Field online a couple more times - though these games I was against people who couldn't really play, so easy wins for me!

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I've been awaiting Two Worlds - an Oblivion/Diablo/Guild Wars style RPG. Well I recieved my 'Collectors Edition' this friday (that was when it was released here), only to find that the bloody thing is region locked!! I still haven't got my UK 360 back from MS (they recieved it the 28th August), so I'm a bit peeved!!

Also, a couple of dates for your calendar:
  • Eternal Sonata (17th Sep, US; November, UK)
  • Beautiful Katamari (19th Oct, US; unknown, UK).
Both are pre-orders on my list!!

GS: 45,109 -> 45,644

Completed XBLA: 10 / 27
Completed Retail: 21 / 100
GS Completion %: 40.78%
GS % (Non-Demo): 44.01%

Country Rank: 307/210435
World Rank: 1933/1533094

No comments: