Sunday, May 04, 2008

4th May: GS Update

The week is all about GTA. GTA this and GTA that. You can't escape it!!! *evil grin*
Oh man, borandi was totally in the gaming zone yesterday when he fired me up to play. 91,332 points of total gamerscore doesn't do his skills justice. That is a profit of 150 points over last time! He played GTA IV winning an amazing 7 achievements, Lost Cities, BLADESTORM, PES2008, Marvel Ult. Alliance finishing 3 achievements, and oh... don't tell borandi this, but I have been getting in a little video chat in the off-hours. Booyah!

Oh and it is time for a gamerscore challenge update... listen up... Bookmark this link now and check out all the action! 4 other people are also involved... which is madness. Currently borandi and I are on top of the challenge mountain... it's so beautiful, and high. I can see my house from here. Is that an airplane, or a space shuttle? How's the weather down there? We're in the home stretch with 24 short hours left! Work for that win!
Well I'll explain GTA a little later on. Apart from that, I got Avatar this week from LoveFilm for an easy 1k, I passed 90k, no XBLA game this week (thanks to GTA), though there was a very exciting talk over at 360voice about their merger with GamerDNA. All those that participated got the 'Plays Well with Others' badge, so I joined in (at 3am UK time) and is was good fun.

Marvel Ult. Alliance

Marvel Ult. Alliance

515 -> 980 of 1250
50 of 58 Achievements

Lots of MUA this week. The main story line is complete (on easy), wrapping up those achievements, as is all the costumes from the DLC pack achievements. Alongside that, 500 enemies thrown off a ledge, and enough statues to unlock Daredevil and Black Panther. I'm currently working my way through the simulator (managed to get all the discs), going for gold in each. After that, I'll be going for all the costumes on each character, and that should leave two DLC achievements, and complete on Hard left.

PES2008

PES2008

210 -> 235 of 1000
9 of 28 Achievements

Just one achievement this week - 'Keep foul ratio below 0.1 per match for the last 10 matches'. I'm about 27 games through the English league now (out of 38), going after the 100 assists achievement.

GTA IV

GTA IV

0 -> 325 of 1000
23 of 50 Achievements

Ah yes, the big game itself. It says I've notched up 24hrs in the game already, though some of that is during dinner, etc., where I forgot to pause it. Well, what do I think? It's a very good, all round game. It has bits of everything, and is an absolutely stunning environment to be in. Game of the Year for sure, unless something like Fable 2 shows something spectacular. The developers have worked hard on GTA, balancing every aspect and giving the player freedom to do what they want, with some minigames and a nice multiplayer option to play around with. Some of my best moments in GTA:

- I met a random guy on the street, high on drugs, called me a eastern european tard, then gave me $100 'courtesy of Uncle Sam'
- If you cause a ruckus in a strip club, they throw you out, and all the strippers seem to go outside. I just saw one walk outside, in broad daylight, and she started eating a hotdog.
- Bumped into a hobo, he shouts 'I ain't got any bananas!'
- Did a double flip in a police car and the lights got smashed, the siren now plays like its broken

A few small bugs though. One - at some point in the game, you have to leave the area of your first home with your cousin. Then, when you go bowling or so with him after that, you have to pick him up from the first area where people are after him. Some other responses from NPCs are also out of sync. Also, a distinct lack of things to do in Single Player compared to previous games, like taking cars to the docks for money etc. I'm hoping the August DLC for the 360 shows some more spectacular stuff.

As far as achievements go, it's not really a game you can get achievements easily in - the average GS so far (according to MGC) is about 25. That said, I passed the 90k mark with GTA as some of the achievements are really easy. Escape from a 4* wanted level? Go up and down the runway on a bike. Spend 5 mins at a 6* wanted level? Take a boat or heli and drive round the unopened islands early on at full speed where they cant catch you. Some of the multiplayer ones look a bit tricky - 'Kill 20 people with a pistol match in a ranked match'. Luckily however, if you're the host, you can set it to a small map, pistols only, 20 min match to get that achievement easy.

Go buy the game and enjoy it. It's worth your monies. Over at metacritic, GTA has been getting 100% marks from a lot of magazines. In my eyes, a good game, but not 100%. I'd give it a 98%, as there are some touchup/QA issues they could have worked on, but its GOTY material nevertheless.

Avatar: TLA: TBE

Avatar: TLA: TBE

0 -> 1000 of 1000
5 of 5 Achievements

The undisputed easiest 1000GS of any game on the 360. All it involves is tapping B on the first level, until your combo hits 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 - and your combo stays unless you get hit. So I did the full 1000GS on each of my 3 accounts and Nellas did it on hers for her first completion. So I timed it the third time round. One minute and 55 seconds from pressing play on the dashboard, to the full 1000GS. Easiest game ever. Game complete!

Guitar Hero II

Guitar Hero II

640 -> 700 of 1000
40 of 50 Achievements

Two easy achievements I'd been neglecting on GH2 this week. I had to start a new band to get the 'buy every guitar' and 'buy every finish' achievements, but all it took was 22 5* songs on medium to get enough money, which is now quite simple for me =D

===================

GamerScore: 89487 -> 91442
Zone: Pro

Completed XBLA: 23 / 55
Completed Retail: 43 -> 44 / 196
GS Completion %: 43.39 -> 43.78%

Country Rank: 91 -> 88
World Rank: 637 -> 601
Completion Rank: 1,439 -> 1,319

No comments: