Monday, November 12, 2007

11th November: GS Update

Another week, another bunch of gaming!
borandi showed up yesterday and we were like a superhero team together. I make a great sidekick! Gamerscore stands at 56,387. Up up and away right? That is an improvement of 545 points over last time! Another day, another milestone. The 56,000 barrier has fallen! He rallied Beautiful Katamari gaining 1 achievement, Halo 3 acquiring an amazing 6 achievements, and then I basked in the warm glow of post gaming. Mmmm warm...
My 360voice actually says I was away the past couple of days, which is true. I had to travel to Oxford for an interview. But I'm back, and ready to rack up that GS.

This following fortnight, I'm participating in the 'XBL 10k Community Challenge - No. 1' as set up on 360voice. Its where a group of people get together, and in a set period, try and get as much GS as possible. This first challenge is for 14 days, and we have 7 people ready to win. The people who start with the lowest have the natural advantage, given that they havent played all the easy games! Well, I've a few easy games left too =D

This weeks games were:

420 -> 640 of 1250
31 of 40 Achievements
190 -> 200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
230 -> 735 of 1000
22 of 49 Achievements
50 -> 120 of 1000
9 of 49 Achievements
This week has been a big Katamari week. I'm at a great point now - all the presents and cousins in the game without the DLC, and I'm 3 stages from getting 100+ points on each stage. I'm back up to second in the UK, and my biggest Katamari is 1.4m kilometres. I've got 95% of the collection, still getting the new bit here and there. I also went online a bit - which can get laggy, but usually goes ok if I'm in a Japanese room. Got the 1000 cookies, so now just after the 50 games worth - I'm sure I'm around the 25 mark. Apart from that, I need the 100/200 requests, 50/100hrs gameplay and the DLC achievements.

Sonic 2 is now complete! I just needed the 10 stage wins online, but usually there's no-one on. Luckily, someone was on, and they asked me to boost. 5 mins later, we both had the achievement. Score =D Game complete!

Warmish Hot Tub and I met up again this thursday for some Halo 3 pwnage. We completed Legendary - so I got all 3 completionist achievements and the 3 stages we had left to do, which was around 500GS. The only achievements left now are skulls, online achieves, and points in the round achievements. Fun =P

I also rented out Project 8 again. I didn't elaborate last time, but its a hellish game. The achievements are hard, and it feels worse than previous Hawk games out there. I'm having trouble with the challenges, and the achievements I got this time were for online, and a viral achievement worth 50GS. I see people online getting 2mill in one combo, so I guess I'm not doing something right...

GS: 55,632 -> 56,437

Completed XBLA: 14 / 36
Completed Retail: 26 / 131
GS Completion %: 38.92%
GS % (Non-Demo): 41.28%

Country Rank: 196
World Rank: 1,310

No comments: