Friday, July 06, 2007

5th July: GS Update

0 -> 170 of 1000
14 of 44 Achievements
0 -> 10 of 705
2 of 35 Achievements
0 -> 650 of 1000
13 of 20 Achievements
255 -> 295 of 1000
22 of 50 Achievements

Its mainly been an Overlord couple of days =D I played the demo, and thought it was rather good, so I rented it. What's the best way to describe Overlord? Third person Dungeon Keeper mixed with Pikmin. You control a big ass 'Overlord', with the power to control minions who do your tasks for you. Use the Right Stick to move the minions around to pick up stuff, smash barrels etc. I've probably played the game about 6/7hrs, and I doubt I'm even 15% of the way through it. It's a very long game, and in order to get all the achievements, you have to play through at least twice =D If you liked Pikmin or Dungeon Keeper, get this.

Unwrapped LOTR: BFME2. I've played it on the PC a few times, and I wasnt that keen (like with most RTS games). This game differs from other RTS in the fact that most maps are very short - you wont see a 3hr brawl on one map - maybe only 30 mins. The achievements look easy enough, though when I did the second mission today, I needed to do all the secondary objectives such like 'Destroy all tunnels', and the other side bastards started building a tunnel (which counts as a tunnel) about 0.2 seconds before I completed the last primary task. Bah humbug!

Vampire Rain is an interesting game. Imagine Metal Gear Solid meets Blade (the films). The first two single player missions involve running from waypoint to waypoint, avoiding the nightwalkers/zombies. If they see you, they are very powerful and you're dead in less than a second. So keep with the stealth, and it should see you through. I started going after some of the secret achievements, and thus spent 45mins on the 2nd mission, only to die 5 metres from the finishing point. Bleh.... Though I did team up to boost for the online achievements. Took just over an hour to get ALL the online achievements (which is pretty pants tbh), which can be done with two people and private player matches.

Had another little play before taking back The Darkness, and got the 'collect 75 collectables' and 'summon 50 creatures' achievements. I'll get this out again soon to at least complete the story mode, if not participate in some more online brawling.

GS: 36,139 -> 37,009

Completed XBLA: 7 / 21
Completed Retail: 17 / 79
GS Completion %: 40.70%
GS % (Non-Demo): 44.11%

Country Rank: 451/203695
World Rank: 2624/1509377

No comments: