Wednesday, July 04, 2007

3rd July: GS Update

0 -> 255 of 1000
20 of 50 Achievements
303 -> 409 of 1000
27 of 44 Achievements
The Darkness is rather run. I'm not one for horror films, but The Darkness is hardly horror, despite what the packaging might have you believe. Its just a lot of blood, guts, shooting, and ripping hearts out of peoples chests. I've got at least 1/3 of the way through Single Player on normal (rather than easy, heh) and so far I havent been frustrated much. Infinite lives, but it respawns you at the beginning of the stage (annoying on long stages). Very linear, but it works well. Achievements are all spread out too, which is a good thing. Single player achievements look fairly easy (except complete on hard mode), online ones are a bit annoying based on the fact that most servers are fairly laggy, thus host advantage is almost 2:1 if not 5:1 in kills. I quick did a few secret achievements thanks to these phone numbers. This game, overall, is a nice break from the WW2/GoW type FPS scenarios. Controls are half decent too (despite sticks on FPS games), apart from jump being Y and not A. If the controls were a little more stealth oriented, it would fare better I feel. But overall, a good game. I'll be renting this again soon.

I've now only got 2 tournaments to go on Forza 2 career mode, both requiring level 50 to participate. I've also started to purchase cars from regions where I've already unlocked all the cars there. A word of warning, if you've barely touched upon Ferrari, expect to pay around 3 mill for their 19 cars. It drains your bank balance a bit too much! I still have 3.5 mill left, and I reckon I need another 2 mill to get to level 50. The new level 45 endurance race is giving me 142k for 1hr 5mins, so I'll stick with that for a while too.

GS: 35,778 -> 36,139

Completed XBLA: 7 / 21
Completed Retail: 17 / 76
GS Completion %: 40.96%
GS % (Non-Demo): 44.51%

Country Rank: 481/203230
World Rank: 2809/1506376

No comments: