Thursday, April 10, 2008

10th April: GS Update

Ok so I didnt make a gamerscore update last weekend, mainly because I was too busy. Busy with making extra posts, game guides and watching Zero Punctuation. Deal with it =D . Coupled with this, I'm doing a '2 for 3' deal on updates - 2 in 3 weeks, because I'm away this weekend. Away is as far as I wont update, but still near to a 360 enough to keep my streak on 360 voice going.
Having a new gamer picture is like eating out at a new restaurant... you go in and everything is different and... ok that really makes no sense... bad comparison... never mind. In gaming related news... borandi seemed really excited to play yesterday. Our current gamerscore is 85,191 . That is a boost of 60 points over last time! He played Thrillville: OTR, PAC-MAN winning 1 achievement, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero II, Brain Challenge™, DOOM, and then borandi developed a funny twitch and went to try and sleep it off or something. Crazy humans...

Good thing borandi and I got some play time in! Every day we play is another opportunity to pull away from Donny NL and that 40,257 gamerscore!

Hey, I almost forgot! The gamerscore challenge that borandi is competing in is on day 2 and we're doing our best to win this thing. Check out the progress right now! 12 other competitors are racking up achievements and powering up their gamerscores, hoping to secure a victory! Currently borandi is hanging on to the number 6 spot. We've only got one day left. Let's cancel everything on our schedule from school to work to sleep (haven't been following what borandi does these days) and win this challenge!
This week/update brings up several long time completions, and a new game completion. Along with that, I've lots of hand cramp from Guitar Hero and no achievements to show for it. Almost had one, and also trawling through expert on GH2, even 5*ing a few. I also found this site for GH3, giving some of my more spectacular achievements:

Now for the games:

NHL 2K7

NHL 2K7

650 -> 700 of 1000
13 of 17 Achievements

I'm having another crack at this game. Technically I don't have much left - Win 100 games, play 30 online games, quit 10 online games, and the (gliched so no-one can get it) score a penalty on the hardest difficulty setting. I got the 'Win with every team' achievement though. As I'm writing, I'm going after the 100 wins, and later tonight MR WHIPPY 10K and I will be doing the online achievements.


Brain Challenge™

Brain Challenge™

50 -> 70 of 200
6 of 12 Achievements

Not a lot on Brain Challenge - mingo21 and I did the '10 online wins in a row' achievement for 20GS. I'm at 37% brain usage, so almost at 40 for that achievement.


PAC-MAN

PAC-MAN

130 -> 170 of 200
11 of 12 Achievements

Pac-man can go to hell! Haha well the last achievement is bugging me, and according to people online on forums, it's bugging them as well. It involves eating every ghost 4 times in the same level. Now there are online videos for this, but since then I believe Namco have put in a random element so the ghosts don't always follow the same path. I tried for 2 hrs last night for the final achievement, and didnt get it. So I might just have to leave this one. On the otherhand, I got the level 21 achievement.


Thrillville: OTR

Thrillville: OTR

130 -> 945 of 1000
48 of 50 Achievements

Well I finally sent this rental back, 55GS short. Most of the achievements were easy, just required some grinding. I was lucky on the sideshow achievement, with the 'splat-a-mole' game giving me 5* after 3 tries (some people on forums had 50 odd tries before getting it). The two achs I have left are the ultra hard one (Beat Event Horizon 2 on hard) and beat every arcade game. I did manage to get the 'top 10 in the world' achievement, by building the shortest track on one of the racing games, and finishing a race in under 17.4 seconds. That's a sneaky achievement!


Army of Two™

Army of Two™

65 -> 80 of 1000
4 of 37 Achievements

Not much to report on Army of Two. I started the main game a little, healed my partner. This does look somewhat like a fun game, but I reckon it's better in co-op and might wait to play it then.


Mr. DRILLER Online

Mr. DRILLER Online

0 -> 90 of 200
6 of 12 Achievements

I bought Mr. Driller. It's very fun, in an N+/Geometry Wars style of 'breaking the controller'. The concept is simple - dig down, don't let stuff fall on you, don't run out of air. Yet it's tricky - you'll have to drill around some blocks, then maneuver so that more blocks dont fall on you. Then you have to drill sideways to reach the air pickups. It's fun, and frustrating. Online is poor - the host having the advantage. I managed to get one online achievement, but most people quit as they can't do anything, and that doesn't count as a win.


A-Train HX

A-Train HX

640 -> 1000 of 1000
24 of 24 Achievements

YaY I completed A-Train! I did my guide for 640GS (which I will post here soon), and then between several of us at x360a.org, we managed to figure out the rest. I then did some videos for my guide. A fairly easy 1000 in the end - there's only one or two real tricky achievements, but once you understand the way the game works, it's relatively simple. Game Complete!


Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 2

970 -> 1000 of 1000
44 of 44 Achievements

The last achievement I needed was the 'One Million Online Credits', which was fairly easy - just kept playing the Nissan Speedway with my Ford GT40 (or TVR Speed 12 or Mercedes SLK-GTR, depending on what was allowed). I managed the final 126k in a night, totalled about 10hrs online (which did include some boosting). A very heartwarming 1000GS. Game Complete!


Undertow

Undertow

165 -> 200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements

Likewise with Undertow - just needed to grind out those 10k kills. 80 kills in 2 mins with the first map, I just did 1500/2000 a night to get it. Game Complete!


Catan

Catan

110 -> 120 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements

I haven't had an achievement on Catan for ages, however I was lucky to invite in mingo21 into a game for 10GS. Mingo has all but one ach on Catan, the one he is missing is the '1000pts in online play', despite having won almost 200 games now. Some people have that ach, so we is thinking that it's just being a bit glitchy.


Winning Eleven 2007

Winning Eleven 2007

240 -> 280 of 1000
7 of 23 Achievements

Like I said before, this game is essentially Pro Evo 6, but renamed for the US. I won one of the longer cups since the last update, a nice 40GS. I'll soon start on the leagues.

===================


GamerScore: 83701 -> 85191
Zone: Pro

Completed XBLA: 18 -> 19 / 52
Completed Retail: 38 -> 40 / 192
GS Completion %: 41.13% -> 41.80%

Country Rank: 104 -> 102
World Rank: 707 -> 701
Completion Rank: 1,773 -> 1,691

No comments: