Sunday, March 02, 2008

2nd March: GS Update

An up and some week with a myriad of games and gamerscore.
When borandi was walking by I pretended to be off. I think it tricked him into turning me on for a few games. Gamer score stands at 77,026. That is a gain of 80 points over last time! That was enough to cross the 77,000 mark! Good stuff! He rallied Guitar Hero III, Poker Smash adding 2 achievements, Undertow, Two Worlds, Mass Effect acquiring 2 achievements, and after we were done, borandi hugged me with his eyes. It was one of those platonic hugs... you know...

Oh and it is time for a gamerscore challenge update... listen up... If you are curious, follow along over here. 4 other people are also involved... which is madness. Currently borandi is holding the number 3 spot in the group... decent. And while we have 5 days left, let's not procrastinate. Pick up that controller and get to unlockin'!
On the bright side, I ordered 6 Xbox Live 2100 Microsoft points cards this week, at the fantastic reduced price of 12.97GBP each. They normally sell for 16.99/17.50 each, so I thought this was a bargain =D Hopefully I'll be able to stockpile on some easy XBLA games and get some that I've always wanted.
On the flip side, I was expecting Kingdom Under Fire from my LoveFilm subscription. Instead, they decide to send me the ~30th game on my list - Superman Returns.

And the gamerage this week consists of:
55 -> 130 of 1000
5 of 28 Achievements
285 -> 295 of 1000
31 of 59 Achievements
545 -> 655 of 1000
33 of 50 Achievements
210 -> 270 of 1000
13 of 45 Achievements
40 -> 70 of 200
5 of 12 Achievements
110 -> 140 of 1000
6 of 29 Achievements
540 -> 660 of 1000
27 of 37 Achievements
360 -> 1000 of 1000
18 of 18 Achievements
40 -> 90 of 1000
3 of 30 Achievements
PES2008 should be an easy 1000. Apparently, according to online forums, we're looking at around 150 hours or so. The main achievement requires 500 games worth, plus some online bits. At 5 minutes minimum a game, thats some serious time. On the other hand, I did 8 or so games of the first league. That netted be 10 straight wins and the 100 goals achievement.

Looking at my GH3 achievements, I realised I'd missed an obvious one - 5 star all songs in all easy songs. Turns out I needed to do that final Slayer song. Also, that annoying fact that it didnt award me the lefty/righty achievement when I was working on it last.

I last played NBA 2k7 in July 2007. The main problem I was having then was that it was almost impossible to block a CPU team. However, this time, I was able to get most of the online achievements. All that's left on that front is the 10/20 wins online, which shouldnt take much time. I just need an easier way to get blocks.

I also continued doing some Mass Effect. I'm now on Ilos, and finished the Paramour achievement. Level 34, on easy. Died once on Matriarch Benezia, but kept it together. I'm still plotting my next two playthroughs of this - currently on 20 hours and in the last dungeon, so it shouldn't take longer than Blue Dragon for the full 1000GS.

I went out of my way to get two Poker Smash achievements - the 'triple smash', and the conservative 'get to level 7 using only triples' achievements. Both were relatively easy - I did get slightly annoyed with that last one, as I got to the end of level 6 and bodged the last triple with a full house. But within 20 minutes, it was done =D

Warriors Orochi is still getting the grinding done - now more than 40 levels of abilities. Havn't really tried going to complete the story modes yet, as I got my ass handed to me last time.

I still cant stand Eragon. Maybe 3 or 4 levels at a time until it gets done. And when it's done, I'd like to get rid of it. Bleh.

Ah, this weeks annoying rental - Superman Returns. Last time I played it, I complained that the story mode didnt go as fast as I wanted. This time, I spent 60 minutes on my save file and I'd completed the story mode. Nice and easy. I then worked on the Bizarro minigames, which did somewhat annoy me when the controller would not pick up the combo I was doing (RB, X+A) and decided to pick up something else (X+A) which wasted time. The 100 kittens took two hours, and that left me with 10000 miles, 12 hours, and 10000 tons needed. I used my girlfriends hair band to hold RB and one of the analog sticks, and left the Xbox on overnight (~10 hrs). When I came back to check, I'd done 19hrs total and 10500 miles. I restarted a new game and went to WarWorlds to pick up the big apartment type buildings for an hour to get the 10000 tons achievement. It needed 300 pick ups of those big things. Ah well, now I can send this game back. I wonder what they'll send me next. Game Complete!

Rapala is still fun ;) I managed to finish the first tournament - quite comfortably. The second lake challenge was quite easy - I just kept casting where I started, and five pike later, I ended the day around 30lbs ahead of the competition. I also emailed Activision Value, the company that produces this game. Why? Well, achievements are glitched. The max GS on this game is 720. So they should either a) fix it, or b) reduce the maximum. So get on with it already.

GamerScore: 76106 -> 77231
Zone: Pro

Completed XBLA: 16 / 45
Completed Retail: 36 -> 37 / 180
GS Completion %: 40.0640.63%

Country Rank: 120 -> 123
World Rank: 813 -> 801
Completion Rank: 2,125 -> 2,001

No comments: