Sunday, December 02, 2007

2nd December: GS Update

Lots of gaming this week:

Joined a 3 day challenge on 360voice for the viral achievement. It was quite fast paced, but unfortunately a couple of people pulled out some easy games (NBA 2k6, Avatar, College Hoops 2k6), but I came in a respectable 5th out of 17 with 1864GS gain.

Signed up to an account on Guitarhero.com, which keeps track of all your GH3 career progress and so forth. Check it out here.

Here's what my 360voice said yesterday:
Pick it, pack it fire it up, come along, lets get borandi's gaming on! Gamer score is 62,061. That is an increase of 1,090 points over last time! That was enough to cross the 62,000 mark! Good stuff! He made some progress on Crash Of The Titans winning 3 achievements, Cars: Mater-National acquiring an amazing 13 achievements to finish the game, LEGO Star Wars: TCS adding 2 achievements, Guitar Hero III acquiring 1 achievement, Eragon acquiring an amazing 11 achievements, MLB 2K7, Assassin's Creed picking up 2 achievements, and then I basked in the warm glow of post gaming. Mmmm warm...

borandi also wrapped up a gamerscore challenge today. Remember? borandi didn't manage to get enough points to win... we had to settle for a comfortable spot at number 5. We may have lost, but we're no quitters. Nothing is over until we say it is! We're going to dust off that controller, hold our head high and get our game on! We're marching right into another challenge and this time, we'll be taking home the gold! At least I think that is the plan...
And the gamage:
50 of 1000
6 of 43 Achievements
160 -> 215 of 1000
23 of 59 Achievements
0 -> 70 of 1000
5 of 47 Achievements
100 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
0 -> 40 of 1000
2 of 44 Achievements
0 of 1000
0 of 33 Achievements
150 -> 270 of 1000
11 of 37 Achievements
0 -> 40 of 1000
2 of 42 Achievements
0 -> 1000 of 1000
16 of 16 Achievements
133 -> 333 of 1000
21 of 47 Achievements
135 -> 170 of 1000
8 of 45 Achievements
640 of 1250
31 of 40 Achievements
0 -> 409 of 1000
26 of 44 Achievements
0 -> 55 of 1000
3 of 28 Achievements
I only stuck in Blue Dragon for a few hours this evening, but I'm getting a bit further (I restarted in the middle of Disk 2 because I'd missed a lot). I'm now at Talta Village on the first disk again, though using the barrier has weakened my characters compared to before. I need to beef them up :D

Some success in Guitar Hero 3! I'm now 3 songs away from completing Hard, and it's pissing me off. Started co-op career, and did some boosting online for wins and streaks. Need to start looking for a second wireless guitar though. I did play some with the controller. It's do-able, but not natural.

Currently renting Kane & Lynch, If you haven't heard, Jeff Gerstmann, GameSpot's (now former) Editorial Director, was seemingly fired after his review of Kane & Lynch, to which he awarded 6/10. To be honest, he's not far off. The gameplay is exceedingly linear, and the controls are sloppy. Story line is a bit weird too. I tried to play online, but I could barely connect to any game. When you cant connect, it kicks you to the front menu, thus having to select multiplayer, and search again for a game. Bad planning = not a fun game. I've robbed a bank though, and that was fun.

I downloaded the (free until mid december) extra song pack for Boom Boom Rocket, and its a continuation of the 'classical remix' style of the game. Playing it again has made me realise just how much they've missed out on with the possibility of the game. Dedicated controllers, more tracks, etc. Could have easily made a retail game, with different skylines and firework types. Still, I didnt get any more achievements (yet).

I also rented Assassin's Creed, but didnt play it much. I got it with a couple of games for the 360voice competition, thus spent more time on the easy games. Though what I did play of Assassin's Creed was quite good. Most reviews label it as 'awesome gameplay, though repetitive'. I havent played it enough for the repetitiveness, but the gameplay was great. Graphics are awesome, though as a chemist I must point out that the onscreen molecules while loading make no sense chemically (cheapskate designers). The controls are simple enough, though to be honest I really need to play it more to have an opinion.

I fired up MLB2k7 for the gamerscore challenge, did what it said on a guide to get most of the achievements, and not one unlocked, as well as the game couldnt see my hard-drive. I spent 3.5 hours editing stats for nothing. Load of bollocks.

Also, Eragon for the achievements. Last time I played this game, it was boring. It still is, and as such only played a few more levels.

Also rented the new Lego Star Wars. Reviews about this game are quite similar - 'polished graphics, but no improved gameplay. Also have to do the episodes from the last game for the achievements'. I agree to a certain extent - nicer graphics, but I didnt like the gameplay from the last game, so having to play ALL those levels again is going to be a bitch. So I didnt play it much. But they have made the achievements for this game more amenable - none of this 'complete the level without dying' crap. Nellas actually bought the game, so we'll play it later maybe. Added benefit is online Xbox Live play too.

Cars: Mater-National was the main game I rented for the 360voice challenge. It seemed easy enough looking online at the achievements, and seemed to follow the stylings of the other Cars game. Well, it took me around 10 hours to complete, as there are quite a few races and minigames, as well as some basic collection achievements. To be honest, I preferred the previous Cars game over this one. Nevertheless, game complete!

I noticed a couple of people on my friends list have the full 1000 on Crash of the Titans, so I rented it again. Got to level 8 in the time that I had it, and it's still an easy enough game. Just will have to keep plugging at it. Though I've started it on easy, so I'll need to replay it on hard to get ALL the achievements. It'll get easier when I have maxed out stats.

Mass Effect is still an awesome game. I completed another section of story, and its quite riviting. Only downside is that it's not got a 'Pick up and Play' story mode. Good thing you can save most of the time.

This week I picked up some US Microsoft Points so I could get the extra levels of Beautiful Katamari. The extra levels are easier than the main game, but they do help towards the achievements. I didnt play the extra levels long, so I'll need to focus a little to get the achievements.

I also got a chance to play Blacksite: Area 51. It's a run of the mill FPS - main storyline takes around 3 hours to complete, and is regarding genetic modifications the US makes to its 'KIA' soldiers. Quite interesting, the graphics are good, but the game is too short. Its not as good as CoD4 or Bioshock, better than Perfect Dark, in the same region as Timeshift.

Put in Pro Evo 08 for the first time this week. Its much like Pro Evo 6, but a bit easier and the achievements look quite easy. Just need to put some time into it. I won the first few games of a new league though.

GS: 60,107 -> 62,131

Completed XBLA: 15 / 38
Completed Retail: 28 / 144
GS Completion %: 38.99%
GS % (Non-Demo): 41.40%

Country Rank: 155
World Rank: 211

No comments: