Sunday, November 18, 2007

18th November: GS Update

A couple of completions this week!
borandi brought the pain yesterday... the good kind... the gaming kind. We are up to 58,327 points of gamerscore. Jealous? That is an increase of 150 points over last time! He rocked out to TimeShift winning an amazing 9 achievements, Puzzle Quest, and laughed with joy and glee the whole time. I like making people happy.

Oh BTW, did you know that borandi is competing in a gamerscore challenge? Here is the link: check it. 6 people are throwing down in this challenge. If I do the math correctly, it means that 6 players X 14 days means a whole lot of trash talk! borandi has the number 2 spot... With 9 days to go though, anything can still happen though... get on it!
As you can see, I'm 2nd in the XBL Challenge so far - still got a few games up my sleeve though!

60 -> 200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
0 -> 190 of 1000
8 of 37 Achievements
0 -> 80 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements
0 -> 150 of 1000
9 of 47 Achievements
40 -> 1000 of 1000
46 of 46 Achievements
190 -> 350 of 1000
10 of 32 Achievements
0 -> 510 of 1000
10 of 26 Achievements
This week was a big Puzzle Quest week. After at least 15hrs worth, I now have all the achievements. The 'Create a Godlike' achieve was quite easy - on the DS version it did take me a while. The online match was annoying too, given that the only people I saw online were top in the world and were really good (had the right skills). I eventually found a guy and we won one each unintentionally. Game Complete!

I rented CoD4 today, and will have it for the next couple of days. Its very good so far - I'm going through it on Veteran Difficulty to start with, but I'm stuck at the TV station. I've got a few of the random achievements so far - 4 head shots, 20 second run though. I might restart on easy, just to at least complete the game =D

This week was Xbox Live is 5ive week, and everyone got Carcassonne free. Unless you've a Korean account, then you get Hexic 2 free. So I got Hexic 2 on my Korean account. Achievements are ok so far - I have some quite hard ones left to do though - beat the computer on expert (very very hard!), make a black pearl, make a cluster, win 10 online. At least three of those I should get!

I rented Timeshift too this week. It's a fun, interesting game - I got through the first two levels on Elite. It runs like CoD - lots of checkpoints. The time shifting feature is quite fun too. However, online mode is a bit annoying - I joined a team battle, first team to 100 kills, and some guy joined in half-way and ended with a 15-3 kill to death ratio. Bastard.

I ran through Open Season - first just the levels, then for all the collection achievements. Quite quick - probably around 4 hours in total. A couple of the automatically running levels (like the snowball) are a bit challenging, but the help of a guide sorted it out. Game Complete!

I also fired up some DDR Universe. I'm at the final stage in quest mode, but the final boss guy has an advantage on every track, so I have to have my advantage enabled AND do really well. Apart from that, I'm also getting the standard tracks a ranking - I've done just under half atm.

Rented WWE 08 too. Its much like WWE 07, apart from less of the annoying online achieves, and less loading screens. Its all good stuff - the achievements are easier now with sliders, and I got the big 350GS simming achieve. I could have got a few more, but I was being a bit stupid :p

GS: 56,437 -> 58,617

Completed XBLA: 15 / 37
Completed Retail: 27 / 134
GS Completion %: 39.51%
GS % (Non-Demo): 41.91%

Country Rank: 179
World Rank: 413

No comments: