Monday, October 29, 2007

28th October: GS Update

Another week, more gaming! I might have to tone down some more in the following weeks - work is beginning to creep up and deadlines looming! On the plus side, however, I now own 106 retail games.
borandi likes to game, I like to game, this is a match made in heaven! It takes a gamer score like 54,317 to be as cool as him. That is an improvement of 135 points over last time! He rocked out to Overlord gaining 1 achievement, Madden NFL 08, Speedball 2, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR06 picking up 1 achievement, Carcassonne gaining 2 achievements to complete the game, Catan, E4 acquiring 1 achievement, and then he had to stop because we both couldn't take it anymore... we were spent.
And the games this week:

425 -> 550 of 1000
22 of 30 Achievements
0 -> 1000 of 1000
48 of 48 Achievements
0 -> 15 of 200
1 of 12 Achievements
150 -> 200 of 200
12 of 12 Achievements
0 -> 50 of 960
1 of 16 Achievements
280 -> 530 of 1000
30 of 44 Achievements
80 -> 85 of 1000
7 of 50 Achievements
0 -> 420 of 1250
26 of 40 Achievements
0 -> 133 of 1000
9 of 47 Achievements
This is now the forth or fifth time I've rented Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It's the only game I've rented, so maybe I'll complete it this time! I only picked it up a few hours ago, and ran through the next couple of levels. I only have 8 achievements left - the last 3 levels, all Calypso pieces, and 100 souls. So that's what, another 3 rentals? :p Apparently the 100 souls can be tricky, but I'll have a bash at it.

I actually found a cheap(er) copy of Madden 08 this week to buy. I cant find it to rent, so I bought it, and had a wonderful sight after my first game on it: 27 achievements for 545GS. This game was very easy :) You can also sim ALL the achievements, as shown by my friend who got 17 achievements for 405GS just by simming a 15min qtr game. Fantastic. Well I had a little trouble on one achievement - the 4 blocks achievement. I kept intercepting the ball instead :p But an hour of simming got that final one. Another game complete Jeeves!

I played the demo of E4 just as a random bored thing to do. It was rather interesting, though I didnt really see the point of it. Then I read the 'How to play' section, and under advice, bought it for 800MSPs. It's a fun game :) Just blowing up stuff to either the music provided, or your own. I added a track with 596BPM :) Makes the game a bit easier too. Though I played for 30 mins with the same music track repeating in the background, and got 17 trillion points. I look on the scoreboard, and lo and behold, 17,000 trillion. WTF?? How long do these guys play the game??? The achievements look tricky though, so I'm not expecting 200 from this one. It's like Geometry Wars on crack.

I was able to boost with 3 other friends my final 2 achievements on Carcassonne: Win vs 3 other players, and win by 50 points. It should have been an easy 200GS, but the lack of people online made the online ones a bit tricky.

Tiger Woods 06 is one bitch of a game. To start with, some achievements require you to play online modes. Modes that EA have shut down for cutting into their 'profit margins', thus you cant get these achievements anymore. W*nkers. Though I boosted a little with rican ninja89, and I got one achievement by accident. Woo! 50pts!

I was also able to boost most of the online achievements for Overlord. 50 wins on slaughter and pillage for each player took around 2 to 2.5hrs. The wins are easy - go kill something, then the other person quits and you get the win. I also played a little of the story mode, getting the Arcanium smelter.

I also boosted somewhat on Quake 4 with mingo21 and rican ninja89. We're going after various achievements, like the 500 excellents and 250 impressives. It's a slow process, probably going to take months. I should also play some of the story mode tbh.

I imported Beautiful Katamari the week of its US release. And I'm glad I did, its a wicked game!! After 7 hrs, I had completed the main quest, now I'm finishing up some of the secondary tasks. For several days, according to mygamercard.net, I was no.1 in the UK for GS!
I'm number one!
Yup, thats no.1! Out of about 15 people who'd played it in the UK =D I want to get hold of the downloadable content for it, but that's Asia only. Probably wont make it to the UK marketplace until it gets released here - sometime in January then.

I rented out Crash of the Titans earlier this week. It's your typical Crash Bandicoot platformer, though lacking somewhat in the graphics department. I didnt get to play it a lot, but if you like your platformers, you'll like Crash Bandicoot.

GS: 52,354 -> 54,442

Completed XBLA: 13 / 35
Completed Retail: 25 / 128
GS Completion %: 38.30%
GS % (Non-Demo): 40.68%

Country Rank: 216
World Rank: 1,377

No comments: