Sunday, September 16, 2007

Return of the UK 360

Well it arrived the day I made the last blog entry (I would have written this then, but I was too tired =P). After spouting to a friend or two the day before that I hadn't heard anything, it came to my doorstep.

I got a free month of XBL Gold with it (again) for the inconvenience, plus it's a brand new console. Yup, they couldn't fix my other one, so I've got a new one. My old one had a serial date of September '06, this one was built 28th August 2007, technically a few days before they started making 360s with the HDMI built in - damn ;P. Not that I have much use for HDMI...

Well, it means that I now need to be logged into Live to play my Arcade games. Not much fuss from me really, as I'm always on Live. But what they have done is transfer my warranty over to my new console. So whereas a brand new console has a 12 month warranty, I only have around five months left on this one - which is around the time I first had to send mine back for the disk drive issue.

The benefit of having my console back is that I'm able to play those UK only region locked games, like PES6, and almost any driving game made (Test Drive, Full Auto, Forza 2 etc). I can also load up all the 2k sports games to show on my 360voice account (so tomorrows voice listing should be interesting).

I can now also play Two Worlds, and I'm really getting into it. I'm doing a few random quests at the minute, to get some exp and gold. One thing I've found, is that the price of skills, and demands from bandits, increases inline with your total gold - so buy the skills while you're still skint! Though my stats are now thus:

Level: 26
Vit: 70 + 6
Str: 48
Dex: 30 + 5
Will: 10
HP: 5178
MP: 479
Slashing dmg: 4344
Bludgeon dmg: 3436
Level 10 skills: Lock Picking, Strong Hand, Stone Skin. Alchemy is level 7.
18.6k gold
Kills: 526

Yay for Two Worlds! I will say this: If you like Diablo/Dungeon Siege, just imagine it more like Oblivion and that is Two Worlds. If you haven't got it, go get it!

No comments: